For Converse and Guitar Center’s new Get Out of the Garage competition, bands are given the chance to win a prize package that includes an in-studio collaboration with Dev Hynes (aka Blood Orange), $25,000, a chance to perform at SXSW’s Fader Fort, and more. If you’re in an independent band, check out details on the competition below:
Unsigned artists nationwide can submit a recorded live performance or music video to the official Get Out of the Garage website. Submissions will be ranked based on social media interaction and the top bands from each week will be reviewed by a judging committee comprised of Dev Hynes and editorial staff members from The Fader. Five finalists will be hand-picked to perform live at Converse Rubber Tracks in Brooklyn where one winner will be chosen.
“Working with new artists is something I’m always keen to do, free of jadedness and excitable with zero connotations in regards to experimentation,” said Dev Hynes. “If I could just help aid where they want to go somehow then I’ll be extremely happy.”
The prize package includes:
- A 3-Song EP produced by Dev Hynes at Converse Rubber Tracks in Brooklyn, NY.
- $25,000 Cash
- Live performance at The FADER FORT Presented by Converse in Austin
- New gear from top music instrument brands – Fender, Shure, Martin, Ernie Ball, Evans, Pro-Mark, Dunlop, Gretsch, Zildjian, Vox
- Free worldwide digital distribution from TuneCore
- Feature on an AT: GC Podcast with Nic Harcourt.