Yoko Ono has always been woman all about love and peace. Spreading that message is something she’s passionate about and now thanks to advancements in technology, Yoko can spread her words of wisdom to a larger audience, and more frequently. With over 4 millions Twitter followers, Yoko takes this mission seriously, hitting hard with metaphors and life lessons on the daily.
We already played Who Said It: Jaden Smith or The Philosophical Stoner, and now it’s Yoko’s turn. We matched up her inspiring tweets with famous Buddha quotes, and you really can’t tell the difference. You’re about to be enlightened.
1. The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.
2. How can we ask our children to be caring when we are not? Smile to the future and it will smile back to us.
3. Let’s carry the clearest vision of a peaceful world.
4. No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
5. There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
6. Don’t ever give up on life. Life can be so beautiful, especially after you’ve spent a lot of time with it.
7. Remember, we are all water in the same ocean.
8. Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
9. An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend wound your mind.
10. Sometimes, it’s better to not wish, and just let the Universe take care of it. Sometimes the Universe knows better what’s good for you.
11. An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.
12. All bad things are a mirror of your mind.
13. Loneliness is equal to the radius of one’s awareness.
14. Give weight to things around you so they may stay.
15. You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
16. Whisper your desire to the wind. Ask the wind to take it to the end of the world.
17. I never see what has been done; I only see what remains to be done.
18. Count your curses and they will be a wall which stands between you and what you wish.
19. To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others.
20. Dying is a necessary act for living. Just like inhaling is necessary in order to exhale.
02. Yoko Ono
03. Yoko Ono
06. Yoko Ono
07. Yoko Ono
10. Yoko Ono
12. Yoko Ono
13. Yoko Ono
14. Yoko Ono
16. Yoko Ono
18. Yoko Ono
20. Yoko Ono