Last night at a listening party in NYC, Big Sean sat down on stage to introduce his album and thank the audience for attending.
This isn’t something I’d normally post, but watching this completely changed my view on Big Sean. I’ve always thought of him as one of the more cocky, almost emotionally detached rappers. At a little over 5 minutes in, Sean talks about riding to school with his old friends and listening to hip-hop. As he says it, his voice starts to quiver and things suddenly get real. The moment provides glimpse of him from a different perspective.
When Sean spits, he does so with confidence and precision, but on this occasion, weeks before a release that will change his life, he dropped his guard and showed how appreciative, humbled, and proud he is to be in the position that he’s in. Instead of seeming like just another rapper who thinks he’s the shit, Sean seems like a dude who followed his heart, worked his ass off, and got where he wanted to be. It makes him seem a lot more real, and, at least for me, a lot more likeable.
Finally Famous is out June 28th.
Hit the jump to watch Kanye’s speech and see the tracklisting for the album…
1. “Intro” (Produced by: Kevin Randolph, Key Wane)
2. “I Do It” (Produced by: No I.D., The Legendary Traxster)
3. “My Last” f/ Chris Brown (Produced by: No I.D.)
4. “Don’t Tell Me You Love Me” (Produced by: No I.D.)
5. “Wait For Me” f/ Lupe Fiasco (Produced by: No I.D. & Exile)
6. “Marvin & Chardonnay” f/ Kanye West & Roscoe Dash (Produced by: Pop Wansel & Mike Dean)
7. “Dance (A$$)” (Produced by: Da Internz)
8. “Get It (DT) f/ Pharrell” (Produced by: The Neptunes)
9. “Memories (Part II)” f/ John Legend (Produced by: No I.D.)
10. “High” f/ Wiz Khalifa & Chiddy Bang (Produced by: Xaphoon Jones)
11. “Live This Life” f/ The Dream (Produced by: No I.D.)
12. “So Much More” (Produced by: No I.D.)
13. “What Goes Around” (Bonus Track) (Produced by: No I.D.)
14. “Celebrity” f/ Dwele (Bonus Track) (Produced by: Filthy Rockwell, No I.D.)
15. “My House” (Bonus Track) (Produced by: Boi-1da)
16. “100 Keys” f/ Rick Ross & Pusha T (Bonus Track) (Produced by: Hilton and Brian Wright (WrighTrax Productions)