UPDATE: Yeah, no. FACTmag was foolin’. Heart broken. Smh.
According to FACT, the album is called Mask of the North Star and will be out May 5 via Lex. The album will supposedly feature Thundercat, Madlib alter-ego Quasimoto, El-P, Thom Yorke, Carlos Santana, Jneiro Jarel, and Gonjasufi.
It all sounded too good to be true, like the worst kind of April Fools’ joke, but a tweet from Flying Lotus himself suggests that maybe this really is happening.
01. Mask of the North Star (ft. Thundercat)
02. Stink Noze
03. Thermite and Ice
04. Memories of Green (ft. Quasimoto)
05. Orion’s Belt (ft. Thundercat)
06. Singularity (ft. Jneiro Jarel)
08. Xenon Gas Mask (ft. Thundercat)
10. Sloppy Giuseppe
11. Myztik Meg (ft. Thundercat & Carlos Santana)
12. Police State (ft. El-P & Thom Yorke)
13. Northern Lights
14. Crown Jewels
15. The Color Saturn (ft. Thundercat & Gonjasufi)
16. Masquatch (ft. Thundercat & Thundercat)