Got some extra time this weekend? Like conspiracy theories and weird internet shit? Check out this website. It’s a Brazilian blog that focuses on one theory: Avril Lavigne is dead, and she was replaced by a doppelgänger.
Noisey, Gawker, Paper Mag, and others have spent a lot of time and effort documenting this conspiracy. It’s all over the internet, but it all started in this one Brazilian website, and everything you need to know is right there.
According to the website, there are 12 clear signs that Avril Lavigne is dead:
01. Different faces. Mainly the nose (confirmed by expert)
02. Avril’s height changed (people do not decrease in size, only in old age)
03. The voice (Ex: “Complicated” and “I’m With You”)
04. The subliminal messages
05. Evan left the band in the year that Under My Skin was released and made a song saying he lost his best friend Avril
06. The handwriting changed (New Avril uses another autograph)
07. Abrupt and sudden change of personality, way of being, style, etc.
08. Original Avril said he would never wear cute fashionable clothes in diva style. She hated singers who did the preppy style.
09. Original Avril said she never would display her body to cameras.
10. Original Avril said she would never join pop style with dancers doing choreography on stage.
11. When questioned on the subject, she evaded and was clearly embarrassed. The interviewer insisted and called her a clone and she was silent and lowered her head.
For more on this crazy theory, see below: