Top Dawg Entertainment has had an incredible run of success this decade, putting out an impressive string of albums from its talented stable of artists. So, how'd they do it? Are there any rules in place that helped make the magic happen?
Actually, yes. ScHoolboy Q shared a photo of the studio rules on Snapchat this week and they're hilarious.
"If the homies just met you and decide to clown yo bitch azz, sit there and deal with it," rule number two states. "It's part of the creative juices." Another rule is dedicated entirely to keeping people from asking for or touching ScHoolboy's weed.
Apparently engineer MixedByAli first shared the rules back in 2013, but they've largely gone unnoticed until now. See the full list below.
1. If you ain't one of the homies don't be Instagramming you creepy muthafucka. I don't wanna look on yo twitter and find a creepy ass pic of me or one of the homies, matter of fact, No Twitter or Instagram in the studio! Act like you been around a bunch of rich niggaz from the bottom before!
2. If the homies just met you and decide to clown yo bitch azz, sit there and deal with it. It's part of the creative juices.
3. Don't touch, ask, or reach for Q's weed, unless he thinks you cool enuff to pass it to you. We only smoke stersonals around here boy.
4. Shut up and look ugly for the homies.
5. Remember these rules and you might get a meal out the food budget!